Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

You need help? We answer the most frequently asked questions

Recruitment process, foreign student

What programmes do you have, and how can I apply?

You can apply on-line at:  https://apply.vistula.edu.pl/ Please, find detailed information about our programmes here – http://www.vistula.edu.pl/en/admissions/, https://www.vistulahospitality.edu.pl/en/admissions

What are the requirements?

The main application REQUIREMENTS to study on an English programme, are:

  1. 60% GPA from previous studies.
  2. B2 level of English (if you apply for the programme in English) (confirmed by TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, or another internationally recognised certificate). If your previous education was conducted in English, you may apply without a certificate, but  if you are accepted, you will then need to confirm your level of English upon arrival,  by doing our University test. If you fail the test, you are supposed to study on a PREP course for at least 1 semester.

What documents do I need?

  • Photo
  • High  School Diploma – with a transcript of records (if applying for a Bachelor’s) / Bachelor’s Diploma – a transcript of records (if applying for a Master’s)
  • Sworn translation of a High  School Diploma / Bachelor’s Diploma
  • Apostille (except Belarus and Ukraine)
  • Language certificate, if you have one

How to create an application?

The instruction can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17958726457434449/ You need to SUBMIT your application, so we can proceed with your admission.  After you SUBMIT your application, you will get a reply, within 2-3 days. If you get an Offer Letter, you are supposed to make the payment and sign the study agreement. After that, we will send you the relevant documents for a visa. All information on the visa process and required documents, can be checked on the website of the Polish consulate based in  in your country. https://www.e-konsulat.gov.pl/ – this is the page where you can fill in applications for a visa, and receive  a visa appointment date.

I want accommodation, where can I book it? Do you have a dormitory?

In order to find out full information about accommodation, please, contact accommodation@vistula.edu.pl. Vistula offers private dormitories, as well as our dormitory. The cost is 210 euros for a month.

I want a confirmation that I am student. I need documents for a Visa.

If you are already a current student, and have studied for at least 1 semester, please contact the Dean’s Office. We are not responsible for current students.   Here, you’ll find the e-mail for your Dean: https://www.vistula.edu.pl/en/students/deans-office Or, you can contact student.affairs@vistula.edu.pl if you have any questions.

I don’t want to create an application, can I send it in the e-mail?

You need to upload all of the documents to Your online application. Otherwise, they will not be considered.

I want to apply for Erasmus

Please, find detailed information about Erasmus here – https://www.vistula.edu.pl/en/students/erasmus… or, alternatively, you may visit room 123.

Do I need to pay the registration fee first?

No, we will send you the invoice with the tuition fee, registration fee, and student card fee.

I applied, how can I pay?

Don’t rush, the university will send you the invoice for your studies, after checking the documents. The invoice can be found in the application section: Payments.

I cannot upload my documents to the system.

Please check if they are in the correct format. The correct format is – JPEG, PDF.

I forgot the password to my application. What shall I do?

Please contact: admission2@vistula.edu.pl , and they will help you.

Can I apply for a Bachelor’s Degree studies without a High School Diploma?

No, you need to have your diploma.

I have finished secondary school and college. Can I apply?

Yes, you need to provide both a secondary school certificate and a college diploma.

Do you have any scholarships I can apply for?

Yes, we have a Vistula Merit scholarship. You can read about it here: https://www.vistula.edu.pl/en/programmes/promotion/vistula-university-merit-scholarship  We also have other scholarships: https://www.vistula.edu.pl/en/students/scholarships

Can I pay for 1 semester?

Due to the demands of the Polish consulate, You should pay fees for the whole of the first year. Starting from the second year, You may pay per semester.

I am a student, I want to pay for next semester/year.

Please contact: kwestura@vistula.edu.pl from your student e-mail and ask for an invoice.

I want access to my schedule.

Firstly, arrive in  Poland. Then, come to room 28, and submit your original documents. After that, you will get access to Platon and Usos.

Can I pay in Polish złotties for my studies?

Yes, just ask admission2@vistula.edu or kwestura@vistula.edu.pl to send the invoice in  Polish złotties.

I cannot book an appointment in the Embassy. Can you help?

Unfortunately, we can’t interfere with the Consulate’s work. If You can’t get the visa appointment before  the 15th of November, You may defer Your admission to  the Spring intake.

Do you accept Duolingo?

No, we accept international certificates, like IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC. If you don’t have such a certificate, you can pass an exam at our university.

I want a refund of my money, how do I arrange that?

Please, write to: refund@vistula.edu.pl. Also, please read the contract,  §4, abstract 8-16.

I am a student, can I pay for my studies at the university?

Yes, you may come to the Bursar’s office, and pay there: by cash or by card.

Do I need Apostille?

Yes, unless you are from Belarus or  Ukraine. For these 2 countries, no Apostille is needed.

Can I transfer from another university?

Yes, the procedure is the same when applying. Transfer procedure takes place through an on-line admissions system:   ‘dream apply – Apply online’. You should indicate which year and semester of studies  relates to what you wish  to be admitted for. 

Can someone else pay for my studies?

Yes, but  please remember to provide correct student/candidate data in the transfer payment title: name, surname, and student ID number.

I don’t want to study anymore. What should I do?

You should submit a petition to the Dean that you are resigning from your studies, through USOS. 

I was admitted to the Fall semester, but can I defer my studies till the Spring semester?

Yes, you may re-submit the application, by yourself, for the Spring semester. Also, inform us at: admission2@vistula.edu.pl.

I was crossed out of the list of existing students. Can I apply for re-admission to the University?

The student who is crossed out of the list of existing students may apply for re-admission to the University – after paying all overdue fees. Then, the student should pay both the registration fee and proper tuition fee.

Can the University help me with finding a future job?

Yes, we do have a Careers Department. They can help you to draw up a CV, and find an internship or job.

I don’t have a language certificate, can I pass an English exam at the University?

Yes, you may pass an exam at the university. You may visit room 308, and register there for the exam.

With whom, can I talk about a refund?

You may contact: refund@vistula.edu.pl

Can I meet with the financial department, and talk with them about a refund?

Unfortunately, the only way to contact them is through e-mail, refund@vistula.edu.pl

I am a new student coming from abroad. I need someone to pick me up from the airport.

You can apply for the Mentoring programme, and you will be assigned a person who will help you get comfortable in Poland. You can apply here: https://vistula.broaddy.com/register/international

Can someone help to show me around Warsaw?

Yes, we have a Mentoring programme,  so, you can apply and get assigned a Mentor, at the following e-mail address . https://vistula.broaddy.com/register/international

Where can I take the student ID card?

You can take it from the reception desk, or at the Dean’s office.

I need to submit my original documents. Where do I need to go?

After arrival, you have 2 days to submit your original documents to the Recruitment office, room 28.

What is a medical certificate?

It is a certificate from your doctor stating that you don’t have any restrictions to conducting your studies.

I don’t have a medical certificate, can I do that at the university?

Yes,  if you do not have a medical certificate, you may get it from our University doctor (the cost is 60 PLN).

Do you have any preparatory courses?

I submitted my application, how long should I wait?

Thank you! Your application will be considered within 3 working days. All the feedback you will get, will be sent by e-mail.

The university implements projects co-financed by the European Union
Vistula University in Pultusk

Vistula University in Pultusk

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Check details.