Inauguration of the 2022/2023 Academic Year
A special celebration is ahead of us. Along with the Inauguration of the 2022/2023 Academic Year, we will celebrate the Jubilees of the Vistula Universities. The Grand Gala will take place on October the 25th at 10:00 a.m., at the (Polish Theatre) ’Teatr Polski’ in Warsaw.
Vistula University – one of the oldest private universities in Poland – celebrates its thirtieth anniversary, whilst the Vistula School of Hospitality clocks up a quarter of a century of scientific and didactic work, as well as activities for the socio-economic environment.
This is an extremely important event for our entire academic community. We will commemorate them during the Jubilee Gala, combined with the Inauguration of the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
Traditionally, the Polish anthem and the student song, ‘Gaudeamus Igitur’ will be performed by the Vistula Choir. There will be a solemn Immatriculation Act during the ceremony. Doctoral diplomas will also be presented. The inaugural lecture „How technology drives the twenty-first century” will be given by former Estonian Prime Minister, Taavi Rõivas. A message from Maria Gabriel, EU Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, will also be read. After the Gala, we invite you to enjoy a snack.
The event will take place on October the 25th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Teatr Polski in Warsaw, 2, Kazimierza Karasia Street. Registration is required:
- employees: https://newsletter.vistula.edu.pl/landing/inauguracja-pracownicy-angielski,
- students: https://newsletter.vistula.edu.pl/landing/inauguracja-studenci-angielski.
The number of places is limited, so, the order of applications decides, on a ‘first-come basis’, who can attend.
The ceremony will also be available on-line – during the broadcast on Vistula University’s FB: https://www.facebook.com/uczelniavistula/.
On October the 25th, Rector’s hours will be introduced because of the Gala. Therefore, classes will not be held from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Introduction of the University’s Banners.
- The national anthem.
- Greeting guests.
- Speech by the Rector of Vistula University, Professor Wawrzyniec Konarski, PhD.
- Speech by the Rector of the Vistula School of Hospitality, Professor Alexander Ronikier, PhD.
- Premiere of Jubilee films.
- Inaugural lecture by Taavi Rõivas, former Estonian Prime Minister „How technology drives the twenty-first century”.
- Performance of the Vistula Academic Choir.
- A message from Maria Gabriel, EU Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth.
- Guest speeches.
- Solemn act of Immatriculation.
- “Gaude Mater Polonia”.
- Ceremonial presentation of doctoral diplomas.
- “Gaudeamus Igitur”.
Note! Full, formal dress is required.
We cordially invite you!