‘Coronavirus in Europe’ – important recommendations for Vistula students and staff
The number of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infected individuals is increasing in Europe. Threats must not be under-estimated, but neither should you panic.
You can obtain information on what to do, if you suspect coronavirus infection, calling on the phone number 800 190 590.
We remind you that the most effective protection against illness is compliance with hygiene rules and avoidance of sick people.
- Avoid contact with people who cough and have a fever.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water or an alcohol-based disinfectant.
- Use disposable tissues when sneezing or coughing. After use, throw away the handkerchief and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay away from markets with live animals or unprocessed meat.
- Stay at home if you have an upper respiratory infection; inform the university about your absence by e-mail.
The Polish Sanitary Inspector advises you to avoid travel to China, Italy, Iran, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, and Taiwan.
People who have a fever or cough, or shortness of breath, and have recently travelled to endangered regions, or have had contact with such people, should report to the Poviat Sanitary and Epidemiological Station: tel. 223-107-936 or 223-107-904. More information can be found on: https: //gis.gov.pl/aktualnosci/informacja-dla-uczelni-wyzszych-w-zwiazku-z-ryzykiem-zawleczenia-na-obszar-polski-nowego-koronawirusa-sars-cov-2