The Vistula Group of Universities is an institutional partner of the 13th European Economic Congress
With over a hundred debates on current economic issues, over a dozen thematic blocks, plus sessions as part of the European Tech and Start-up Days, the 13th European Economic Congress will be held in Katowice on September the 20th-22nd. The Vistula Group of Universities has become the institutional partner of this largest business event in Central and Eastern Europe.
The European Economic Congress is an important part of the public debate about the Polish and European economy. The main topics of this year’s edition are:
- a reconstruction plan for Europe,
- European Green Deal,
- international trade and economic relations after the pandemic,
- digitisation of the economy,
- the consumer in times of “new normal”.
The conference programme provides delegates with various forms of activity – talks, debates, podcasts, and publications. The event will be attended by representatives of politics and business – representatives of European governments, along with an international group of investors and entrepreneurs representing various sectors of the economy.
Vistula’s Universities are the institutional partner of the event. They have ambitions to make a significant contribution to this debate, to let the voice of its experts resound loudly, drawing conclusions from science for practice, and enriching science with practice. Due to its profile, Vistula is naturally pre-destined to influence the wider socio-economic environment. Its scientists are trying to focus their activity on the currently occurring phenomena defined as ‘great challenges’. They can set directions for development, point to threats, and suggest solutions. This strengthens the role of the university as a socially important institution.
During the European Economic Conference, Vistula Universities will organise four panels:
- ‘Leadership 5.0’ – key competences of the female leaders of the future – 20/09/2021 at 4:30-6:00 pm, moderator – Joanna Burnos
- ‘European Neighbours – Chances for a Revival’ – 21/09/2021 at 9: 30-11: 00 am, moderator – Bartłomiej E. Nowak, PhD, President of the Vistula Group of Universities
- ‘USA, EU, Poland – new opening’ – 09/21/ 2021 at 3:30-4:30 pm, moderator – Małgorzata Bonikowska, PhD
- ‘Disinformation in times of crises’ – 22/09/2021 at 12:30 pm, moderator – Prof. Agnieszka Legucka
Vice-rector of the Vistula School of Hospitality, Rafał Szmytke, will appear as a panellist in the debate: ‘Tourism – a new opening’, and Krzysztof Celuch, PhD – in the discussion on the MICE industry. Marcin Antosiewicz, journalist, and a lecturer at the Faculty of Art, Technology, and Communication, of Vistula University, will conduct the talks in the one-to-one – formula:
- The prospective role of Poland in the European Union. Three decades of transformation and 15 years in the structures of the European Union – the balance of Polish presence, achievements, and ambitions. Community, co-operation, integration, and sovereignty – the art of weighing proportions. The hierarchy of values and the model of democracy – an area of dialogue or conflict? The crisis resilience of the Polish economy – its advantages as an investment market.
- The policy of the West towards the countries of the authoritarian East. China and Russia in the Changing Architecture of Global Politics. System rivals of Western countries in the fields of economy and innovation. The Russian policy of “testing” and disintegrating communities, disinformation aggression – how to react effectively? Economic energy-based dependencies between Russia and EU countries. Chances for a common European energy security policy. The EU and the US towards Chinese domination plans in the fields of technology, infrastructure, and investments. How to co-exist without giving up European values?
The European Economic Congress will be held in a hybrid formula.
Registration (stationary participation) – www.eecpoland.eu/pl/rejestracja,823/
On-line registration for the event will be launched soon.