Współpraca SGTiH ze szkołami średnimi
On June the 17th, Vistula School of Hospitality inaugurated a cooperation project with secondary schools educating young people for the needs of the tourism sector. The first partner is the Emilia Gierczak Schools of Economics and Hospitality in Kołobrzeg.
The cooperation agreement was signed by: prof. Aleksander Ronikier, PhD, Rector of Vistula School of Hospitality and Zbigniew Stankiewicz, director of the Emilia Gierczak School of Economics and Hospitality in Kołobrzeg. The event was also attended by: prorector Rafał Szmytke, dean, Teresa Skalska, PhD, vice-dean, Piotr Kociszewski, PhD and Piotr Tatara, director of the Institute of Tourism.
One of the most important goals of this cooperation is to educate young people and students with high professional skills in accordance with the needs of the labor market and to continue scientific development at a higher level.
Emilia Gierczak Schools of Economics and Hospitality in Kołobrzeg is one of the top Polish high schools that provide the highest quality education, including in the tourist and gastronomic area.
As part of the Agreement, the Vistula School of Hospitality took patronage to the School, which will be held on its behalf by the Institute of Tourism.
Joint activities under the Patronage include:
- support in efforts to organize specialist visits to hotels, travel agencies, etc;
- participation of the University’s lecturers in classes for students of the School;
- providing substantive support in the implementation of teaching programs and pedagogical innovations;
- organizing conferences / trainings for teachers of vocational subjects and trainers in order to raise qualifications;
- providing teachers with teaching aids and materials;
- cooperation in the implementation of scientific research with a participation of students and teachers.
- The Vistula School of Hospitality intends to sign cooperation agreements with other high schools soon.
The project provides for an annual award for the most active students. By the decision of the University Chapter, three people will receive a 100% discount on tuition fees for the entire period of study at the bachelor’s level.