The first embroidered book in the world “Don Quijote”, by Miguel de Cervantes will be created at Vistula University
Want to experience a fantastic adventure? Embroider a book! The Nitkomaniacy Foundation and Karolina Nuria Czępińska, MSc (The Iberian Studies Science Club) invite you to create your own artistic interpretation of the text by Miguel de Cervantes’ “Don Quijote”.
Nobody has done this yet. Using fabric, threads, and needles, based on your own handwriting – you will create an embroidered book, page by page.
The project will include a series of calligraphy and embroidery workshops. You will work on the handwriting and then transfer it to the fabric with simple embroidery stitches. You don’t need to have embroidery experience, we will teach you this art.
The program includes:
- three calligraphy workshops – participants will work on improving/making their personal handwriting more attractive,
- four embroidery meetings – participants will transfer patterns and text to fabric, learn basic embroidery stitches, and then work on the pages of the book.
Meetings will be held on Mondays from 6:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m.
- 27.02 – calligraphy workshops,
- 13.03 – calligraphy workshops,
- 06.03 – calligraphy workshops,
- 20.03 – embroidery workshops,
- 27.03 – embroidery workshops,
- 03.04 – embroidery workshops,
- 17.04 – end of the project.
The world’s first embroidered book “Don Quijote” will be presented during the official vernissage on the occasion of the World Book and Copyright Day. The event will take place on April the 21st.
Registration is open until February 25, 12:00 noon. Use the form available at the link:
In response, you will receive an email confirming your participation in the project and with all the details.
Attention! The number of places is limited, the order of applications decides.
We cordially invite you and see you, join our adventure!