Civil society as an element of social policy, is the leading topic of the conference ‘Citizen, Citizenship’, to which you are invited by the A. Gieysztor Academy in Pułtusk, a branch of Vistula University.
In the twenty-first century, the discussion of civil society reached a different level. One of the elements of shaping the new social policy has been the social economy, which fits in with the idea of building participatory democracy, through a new vision of social order and the integration of local communities. The role of the social economy in construction, especially participatory democracy, cannot be overestimated, due to the new qualitative bonding of both social and economic ties in the area of one institution.
These are the issues that will be devoted to the conference ‘Citizen, Citizen, Citizenship’, to which you are invited by the A. Gieysztor Academy in Pułtusk, a branch of Vistula University. The event will take place on October the 18th in the Concert Hall of the Dom Polonii in Pułtusk. Beginning at 10:30 am.
1. Citizen, citizenship – introduction – 10:45 – 11:30 a.m.
- Prof. Radosław Lolo, PhD – Old Polish citizen
- Prof. Izabela Rusinowa, PhD – American democracy
- Prof. Jerzy Paśnik, PhD- Civic disobedience
2. Citizen, citizenship – theoretical panel – 11:30 – 12:30 a.m.
- Dr. Andrzej Biały – Soviet citizen – Homo Sovieticus
- Rafał Jaźwiński, MA, Vistula University Doctoral School, A. Gieysztor Akademy in Pułtusk – ‘Poleszuk – second-class citizen? State-citizen relations in the Republic of Poland in the Polesie voivodeship’
- Katarzyna Walat, MA, Vistula University Doctoral School, A. Gieysztor Akademy in Pułtusk – ‘The role of non-governmental organisations in the Mazowieckie Voivodeship – introduction to the research’
- Patrycja Tyborowska, MA, Vistula University Doctoral School, A. Gieysztor Academy in Pułtusk – ‘Citizens’ activity in contemporary society. Selected issues of participatory democracy in Poland’.
12:30 – coffee break (30 mins.)
3. Citizen, citizen, citizenship – in practice – 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Aneta Kowalewska, PhD, Deputy Mayor of Wyszków – ‘Civic dialogue in local government’
- Daniel Szybkopowicz, MA, Director of the Project Management Office of the Co-operation Fund Foundation – ‘Challenges of the social economy in Poland and in the world – examples and practical solutions’
- Paweł Pyrzyński, MA, trainer with the ReGeneracja Foundation – Activities of seniors in the Mazowieckie Voivodeship
- Jakub Kamiński, MA, organiser of the local community Social Services Centre in Żyrardów – ‘The role of non-governmental organisations in the development of local social services’